HYDROTHERAPY IS A SAFE WAY TO RECOVER FROM INJURY BY PROVIDING:
- Buoyancy. This reduces impact, making walking and movement of injured limbs easier
- The resistance of the water can be used to increase muscle strength and endurance as well as cardiovascular fitness. Use of paddles, pool noodles and water weights can further increase the resistance
- Safe and challenging environment to improve balance
- Warmth and hydrostatic pressure. This can help to reduce swelling, improve circulation, reduce muscle spasm and joint stiffness and overall improve mobility.
HYDROTHERAPY IS BENEFICIAL FOR:
- Pre and post-operative rehabilitation
- Falls prevention
- Acute injuries and pain
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Heart and lung rehabilitation
- Headaches and migraines
- Back and neck pain
- Chronic pain
- Weight loss
- All sessions are under the supervision and guidance of a physiotherapist. This will ensure proper technique and maximum benefits are gained from the session. Your physiotherapist will tailor your program based on your current injury status and/or goals.
- Classes are run at Club MMM at CISAC in Belconnen. The pool is a heated (33 degrees) hydrotherapy specific pool with ramp access. Changing rooms and showers are located within the pool area. All pool equipment is supplied so all you need to bring is your swimmers and a towel!
COST (PER PERSON):
(inclusive of pool admission fee)
Private $125/session OR $95 for a pack of 6 sessions
Semi-private, 2 people $85/session OR $77 for a pack of 6 sessions
Group semi-private, 3-4 people $65/session OR $59 for a pack of 6 sessions
** We also accept worker’s compensation and third party insurance claims.